winged

Daphne (Winged Reviews)

Book blogger & twitter-er. Loves God, pretty dresses, teatime and fictional princes. Yes, I do live in the 21st Century. Winged Reviews is where I'm at.

Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas: A Lost Story from the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel - Michael Scott I've always enjoyed novellas, especially those that give us more information on the characters we've come to know and love. This story focuses on how the two characters on opposing sides in present day, the immortal Billy the Kid and the incomparable Scathach, originally meet. Sent on an errand by his Elder master Queztalcoatl to deliver something to the Shadow, the Kid's curiosity and good manners gets the better of him as he ends up accompanying Scathach to Vegas after she receives a mysterious phonecall for help.

Like the rest of the series, there is a blend of seamless myth weaving and action-adventure that I've come to know and love from Michael Scott. In this short novella, I encountered ancient weaponry, learned the difference between Vampyres and Vampires (only the ones with a 'y' are blood-drinkers), and met a legend thought to be dead. There was also a lot of character development in a short space of time and it made me like both characters a little better.

I would recommend the novella to all fans of the series that need a little something to tide them over before the final book comes out later this year!